Which Planet’s Days Are Longer Than Its Years?
In the family of planets that make up our solar system, Venus is a peculiarity among peculiarities. The roughly Earth-sized but scorching planet has a mean surface temperature of 863°F (462°C) and a dense atmosphere that is 96.5 percent carbon dioxide, with most of the remaining 3.5 percent being nitrogen.
As far as planetary extremes go, those things aren’t particularly peculiar. What is rather peculiar is that if you were to somehow, in spite of the harsh conditions, set up camp on Venus, you’d be treated to days that run longer than years. Venus rotates on its axis only once every 243 Earth days, but orbits the sun once every 224.7 Earth days—you’d wait longer between sun rises than you would to completely orbit the sun.
Which U.S. Government Agency’s Outstanding Bill Was Paid By Radio Listeners In 2009?
John Snow, “Father of Epidemiology”, Earned His Title By Determining The Source Of?
Insects Don’t Breathe Through Their Mouths But Through?
Which Soft Drink Was Purposely Made Awful To Destroy The Competition?
The Border With The Most Frequent Legal Crossings Per Year Is Between?
Which Of These U.S. Paper Currency Bills Features A Non-Washington D.C. Landmark?